This Brewery's Creative Craft Beer
Is Turning Heads Across the Northwest
The Laurelwood Brewing Company has racked up multiple awards since it first opened in 2001. Now, its high-quality craft is quickly spreading across the west coast.
Why you should try their beer:
Humble roots; major growth
The husband-and-wife team of Mike De Kalb and Cathy Woo-De Kalb built Laurelwood up from a seven-barrel brewery to a respected brand with multiple Portland pubs. Their acclaimed craft beer has been hitting more markets across the northwest after inking a deal with the Craft Brew Alliance. They're now the fifth largest brewpub in the U.S.
Their eco-friendly ethos is admirable
Laurelwood is the first certified organic brewery in Portland. And despite their rapid growth, they're still keeping sustainability top-of-mind by using regional ingredients for many of their beers. Brewery water usage is offset by carbon credits and their spent grain and yeast are used as animal feed.
Talented brewers earn ample awards
Over the past decade, top-talent brewers like Christian Ettinger, Chad Kennedy, and the current Brewmaster, Vasili Gletos haveall helped to refine Laurelwood's final product. The results? Gold medal showings at the World Beer Cup, the American Beer Festival and the 2013 National Imperial IPA Championship.
Shop Laurelwood Brewing Beers
Insider Access to Special Release Beers
Sign up for FREE and receive:
- Exclusive offers for limited-release beers from the Laurelwood Brewery.
- First notice when hard-to-find seasonal beers are in stock and available.
- Opportunities to order our most rare Laurelwood beers before we make them available to the public.
- Priority notification when sold out beers are back in stock!
Currently Unavailable Laurelwood Brewing Beers
More about Laurelwood Brewing Company
- The brewery boosted production from 7,000 barrels a year to 20,000 barrels a year after a deal with the Craft Brew Alliance.
- The deal also meant they were able to sell their product in six-packs of 12-ounce bottles.
- Laurelwood operates four brewpubs in the Portland area.