Acclaimed Organic Brewery Takes Eco-Friendly Beer To A Whole New Level
Hopworks Urban Brewery has impressed critics around the globe with their resourceful craft brew, all while maintaining the strictest commitment to environmental practices.
Owner Christian Ettinger crafts his organic brews with seasonal ingredients from regional farms to ensure a 100% locally made product. As Portland's first "eco-brewpub," they also use a building made out of salvaged materials, cut their energy consumption to the bare minimum and employ other measures to maximize sustainability.
This brewery likes to shake up established styles while always keeping it natural. Their Hopworks Organic Apple Ale, for example, blends a traditional Belgian Golden Ale with juice from locally grown apples. They've also been known to mark Earth Day with a beer crafted with granola, raisins and cranberries in the mash.
Sure, they've captured gold medals during past showings at the Great American Beer Festival, but their accolades also extend to the world stage. Their Organic Velvet ESB won silver at the World Beer Cup in 2010, while their lager took silver and their IPA took gold in 2008. Hopworks has also earned kudos at the Australian International Beer Awards.
Insider Access to Special Release Beers
Sign up for FREE and receive:
- Exclusive offers for limited-release beers from Hopworks Urban Brewery.
- First notice when hard-to-find seasonal beers are in stock and available.
- Opportunities to order our most rare HUB beers before we make them available to the public.
- Priority notification when sold out beers are back in stock!
Currently Unavailable Hopworks Urban Brewery Beers
More About Hopworks Urban Brewery:
- Hopworks won Oregon's Sustainability Award as 'Grand Champion' in 2012
- They operate a unique 'BikeBar' in Portland designed to be the ultimate cyclist-friendly pub
- Their beer is distributed in Oregon, Washington and British Columbia
- This 20-barrel brewery produces approximately 10,000 barrels of beer a year