The Ultimate Brewery for
Hair of the Dog is one of the first American breweries to specialize in high-alcohol, bottle-conditioned beers. It even crafted one of the strongest brews ever made.
Their bottled beers improve with age
Hair of the Dog is among the few U.S. breweries that offers beers that are bottle-conditioned or fermented in the bottle. This gives the beer an extended shelf life. Like a fine wine, you can store each bottle at room temperature (50-74 degrees F) and allow the flavors to evolve over several years.
Unique suds packed with personality
Every beer they craft is edgy and original. Hair of the Dog pays tribute to the people who inspired each recipe by naming the final product after them. For example, try the aromatic golden ale called 'Fred,' dedicated to beer historian Fred Eckhardt. This brewery produces only 5,000 cases each year and demand is always high.
High-alcohol creations have people talking
Back in 1994, Hair of the Dog brewed 'Dave,' one of the strongest beers ever created in the U.S. at a whopping 29% ABV. Just 90 gallons of this stuff was ever made, sparking huge demand -- one six-pack sold for $3,500 at an auction in 2008. Many beer aficionados are watching what this brewery will do next.
Shop Hair of the Dog Brewing Beers
Insider Access to Special Release Beers
Sign up for FREE and receive:
- Exclusive offers for limited-release Hair of the Dog beers.
- First notice when hard-to-find seasonal beers are in stock and available.
- Opportunities to order our most rare beers from Hair of the Dogbefore we make them available to the public.
- Priority notification when sold out beers are back in stock!
Currently Unavailable Hair of the Dog Brewing Beers
More About Hair of the Dog Brewing:
- Founded in 1993 in Portland, Oregon
- Offers eight beers, six are available in bottles
- Produces 600 barrels of beer a year and bottles about 5,000 cases a year
- Beer is made using ingredients purchased from within a 350-mile radius
- Brewmaster Alan Sprints (a professional since 1991) began Hair of the Dog to offer beer-lovers unique and original brews